We survived the trip to and from Kentucky. It was quite an event, but amazing to visit. We flew Southwest thinking it would be the most "baby-friendly" and easiest. I don't know if it's all the airline drama lately or just plain bad luck, but we didn't have the best of experiences. The flight leaving Houston was delayed 45 minutes. I timed Ben's feeding to where he would eat right at take off, not taking the delay in to account. Needless to say, my baby was the one screaming in the terminal before boarding. Southwest wouldn't let me "Pre-Board" because they say small infants board with "family boarding". .....Disaster...... The flight was completely jam-packed with no room (especially not a seat) to spare. Ben was REALLY good on the flight... he was an angel baby and fortunately I sat next to two very understanding moms who didn't mind a little crying from popping ears. Once we made it to Nashville, we still had two hours to drive and Ben did really well despite it.
All that aside, the flight home was an even bigger disaster. However, once again Ben was an angel, so it wasn't totally terrible. Our flight ended up being delayed 1 hour and 45 minutes and didn't leave Nashville until almost 10 PM. We were in the airport for 3+ hours waiting and waiting. Most of the time I ended up standing because, believe it or not, people wouldn't think of giving up their seats to a mom and her small infant..... so I coped and found a seat about 10 gates away. I had a total stranger (who I later found out was a former pro baseball player) come and help me. Apparently I looked pathetic enough to warrant a total stranger coming to my rescue. Once we finally got on the plane, there were three people who didn't have seats. The flight attendants actually went seat by seat checking the flight manifest to see who was supposed to be on the plane.... it was a crazy, ridiculous mess. However, we survived and made it back to Houston to see Jason!! Man, was it good to be home!
On a lighter note, when we were in Kentucky, it was great to be there. I'm so glad Ben got to meet my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and many others. He was really good while we were there and we had lots of help from relatives!






1 comments:
awwwww! you have to tell me next time you're in KY!!!!
Post a Comment