Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back in Action...


Ben has "discovered" Jake over the past week or so.... Jake is VERY accommodating of Ben's curiosity and I promise no animals were harmed in the making of this photograph, despite what it may look like!




Our child is VERY serious about his food. He already stops smiling when the camera comes out, but when food is involved it's even less likely that I'll get more than a threatening stare.


This was the first time he held his bottle for any length of time.


Obviously it's almost time to retire the wonderful "bouncy seat" since Ben has decided his feet are more interesting than the animals!



As you can see, Ben has made a lot of progress over the past few weeks. I feel like he's just literally growing right before our eyes. He's really fine-tuned a lot of his actions. I've noticed his reaching and hand movements are getting MUCH more deliberate. He's picking up toys and gets upset when certain ones get out of his range. In other news, it appears Ben may have a tooth trying to come in. His gums are a bit red and he's constantly "chewing" on his hands.

I'm sorry it's been so long since an update. We've been fairly busy and then on top of that, are computer almost bit the dust. We got our new computer on Thursday, so we are back in business!!

Jason will actually be 30 next Saturday (8/9). I can't believe it... where have the past 5+ years gone?!

I hope everyone is great. Hugs to all!!

3 comments:

The Voskuil's said...

Hey! I have had a rough time with this leaving a comment business. You would think this is the first time I have touched a computer. It's the heat! I wrote everything in your response under the comment you left me. See...I told you. You can read that so I don't have to re-type. Ben is getting so big! He looks more like Jason now. He keeps changing!

Lauren Purcell said...

Thanks for your sweet comments...Ben is sure a stud and he looks serious about his food! Riley is pretty serious about her food too and she has many many rolls to prove it! Thank God for babies who love to eat! Hope you guys are doing well!

Laura said...

Hey! Yeah...it's been a pretty interesting and eventful summer. But, I promise that my blog isn't ALWAYS doom and gloom! :) Yay for Leighann and Bryan getting engaged...I remember that relationship starting so so so long ago. Have a good week!