I wanted to give an update on mine and Riley's progress. Over the past three to four weeks I have been having very painful contractions in the evenings that come and go, but stop after I get completely still. I shared this news with my doctor this past Wednesday when I went in for my check-up and she was a bit concerned. It turns out I was already dilated 1cm. (which apparently isn't uncommon for a second pregnancy) at 31 weeks and 4 days. I have an ultrasound coming up in less that two weeks where they can get a better look at what's going on. The doctor says that everything looks alright, but that doesn't mean things can't change very quickly. At this point, if there were enough contractions to send me to the hospital they would do everything they can to stop labor until I pass 34 weeks (which is Labor Day weekend). Beyond Labor Day (no pun intended), she is alright with the baby being delivered. Really all this doesn't mean anything because Miss Riley is going to come whenever it is "her time". The main thing we learned for all this is that I need to take it easy for the next two weeks. After the ultrasound, hopefully we'll know more about what's going on and have a better idea of when to truly expect our precious arrival!! I'll post more information as I have it.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment