Friday, December 19, 2008

I don't care what list I'm on, get me out of here!


I took Ben to meet Santa today, let's just say the big man in the red suit is not his favorite person. We waited in line and he was so happy. He had all the mommies around me playing with him and smiling, etc. He even checked out Santa a couple times and seemed fine. When it came time to sit Ben in Santa's lap... dun, dun, dun.... tears just started streaming!! He screamed until I picked him up. I felt like a terrible mother. However, the minute we walked away from Santa, Ben was smiling again. (Side-note: Santa was very rude to me, guess he hadn't had his hot cocoa for the day or something, I was thinking I'd probably cry too!!)

I had to get the terribly over-priced pictures just for memories-sake. Apparently when I was a kid, I cried at Santa too. So my mom was entertained when I called to tell her that her grandson acted just like his Mommy. :o) (The picture is a scan, so it's terrible quality.)







1 comments:

Laura said...

Don't worry Alison...I was just like you and Ben! I loved the idea of Santa bringing me presents for Christmas morning, I just didn't like the idea of having to sit in some strange man's lap!!! Merry Christmas!