Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Where do I begin?

It has been so long since I blogged, that I’m not even sure what to update on!

I guess I will start by saying Benjamin will be 27 months old next week and boy can we say we are in “the terrible twos”!  He is absolutely so much fun, but a complete hand-full all at the same time.  He keeps us laughing so much, it’s hard to even compile everything he comes up with these days.

I never even posted pictures of his second birthday party… So here we go…

2010 038  2010 078

2010 097

He was so tired after all the fun at his party that he almost fell asleep in the bouncer with Daddy…2010 112We also shared our baby news with everyone on Ben’s birthday.  It was quite difficult to keep secret so long, but we were excited to share with everyone on the same occasion!! Ben had a great party thanks to all our wonderful family and friends!  Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate!

On Ben’s actual birthday, I took him to Chuck E. Cheese for a Mommy & Ben date.   We had a great time!!

2010 155

We have also been to pick strawberries a couple times at a local farm.    I actually took my camera to one of the outings.  Ben picked a few strawberries… ate a few right on the spot… but enjoyed running through the vines more!

2010 268

2010 270

Morgan, Melissa, Ben and Momma

One of the funniest things that is so “Ben” right now is that he wants to take something to bed with him every night and nap and something in the car with him every time we leave.  Usually it’s just a toy or stuffed animal, but other times the request is a little complicated.  On different occasions he has asked to take the dog to bed with him and even the television, but the most unique request is our couch pillows.  He has started sleeping with one of our couch pillows most nights.  That may not seem that odd, but our pillows are a canvas-like material that can’t feel good on his face all night… but it’s not worth the battle, so he sleeps with our couch pillows!!!

Ben is also still in swimming lessons once a week.  He started when he was 13 months old and it is actually starting to pay off.  I took him to the neighborhood pool this weekend and he had a blast floating, climbing out of the pool (on the side in the deep end), jumping in, kicking, blowing bubbles, etc.  It’s nice to see it’s actually sticking!!

That catches us up on Benjamin just a little bit..

0 comments: