Friday, January 23, 2009

Kate minus Jon and the Eight

So I heard that Kate Gosselin was signing books at the local Barnes & Noble from 6-9pm tonight. I thought it was neat that she was going to be in town, but didn't give it a second thought.

Tonight Jason, Ben and I went to eat dinner and look around at Academy (as we do so frequently). Jason mentioned wanting to run over to Barnes & Noble, so I obliged.

We walked in to huge signs about Kate Gosselin being there for a book signing. Of course, my curiosity was sparked and I told Jason I just wanted to see what she looked like in person. So we find the line of excited onlookers, books in hand... and there is no Kate. She's no where to be seen. We walk on to Jason's section of interest (which happens to be right next to where Kate had been sitting and where many store personnel are standing). I hear quite a few people say, "She isn't coming!!" and even see some people in TEARS! I thought to myself, wow it's already 9:00? It was only 6:45.

Apparently Kate was only told that she was to sign at 6:00 and when the line died down she went to the back of the store (out of sight). When the line refilled... she REFUSED to come back out to sign. Now, I totally get that there was a misunderstanding and she was probably ready to head back to her hotel, but come on, really?! You are only in Houston to sign books, you sign for less than 45 minutes, people are CRYING because they didn't get to see you... and you won't come out. Now don't get me wrong, I like Kate and her clan just as much as the next SAHM, but I was sad for these people who were completely distraught over not seeing Kate.

Jason was (as a typical male) cracking up and wondering why people were so upset about not seeing someone who is "just on some TLC show". He didn't understand, I didn't try to explain!

5 comments:

Laura said...

You know...you're not the first time I've heard slightly negative things about Kate and Jon. I don't think that their tv show always depicts the way things really are in their world...

Melissa said...

That makes me so sad! I love them...I'm going to pretend they are exactly how they seem on T.V.!! :)

The Whites said...

That doesn't surprise me at all. Braiden and I watch Jon and Kate and I always think she is a bit snooty..... :)

The Frugal Free Gal said...

I think shes a bit snooty too, and for having THAT many kids, how is it that EVERYTHING is perfect and VERY organized? I have and I am trying to find out how people do it!

Ali said...

I'm sure there are definitely more sides to the story, but it was really sad for the ones who were REALLY wanting to see her. There were kids and teens who were SO upset that she wouldn't come out. I think that's what made it so bad. They knew she was in the back of the store and she was refusing to come back out.... it was sad.